GMobileSync 1.3.7 don´t syncronize correctly

Feb 19, 2009 at 12:53 AM
Edited Feb 19, 2009 at 1:02 AM
Hi Friends!

As I think this software is great, I would like to help to improve it. So as version 1.3.6 works fine in my Windows Mobile 6.0 PDA (except "Options -> Settings..." menu wich report an error), version 1.3.7 of GMobileSync doesn´t works in PDA -> Google Calendar direction: what I wrote in my PDA doesn´t appear in Google Calendar.
I have next error:
"Please report this error: Execution of request failed: http://www.google.com/calendar/feeds/ferlanero/private/full"

Any idea? Everything else works fine!.

Thank you for this fantastic software and I hope to have news from you very soon!!
Developer
Feb 19, 2009 at 2:41 AM
Hi ferlanero,

Thank you for reporting this.

I am able to reproduce this problem:

If I don't use full Google account (eg. somebody@gmail.com), instead, I only use "somebody" as the Google account, the problem can happen.

This version of GMobileSync has the basic ability to synchronize Google Apps accounts (Although not official announced), it is required to use full Google account as the login credentials. 

So, could you please try to set your full Google account in Options->Credentials and test again? I would like to know if this has solved your problem. Please be noted that you may need to modify the local appointment which failed in last synchronization a little bit so that the software will consider this item has been modified and it can do the sync job again, otherwise, it may consider the appointment has already been uploaded to Google Calendar and skip it.

Feb 19, 2009 at 9:31 AM
Edited Feb 19, 2009 at 9:38 AM
Hi lifanxi,

Wow! I´m testing to introduce full Google account id in Options -> Credentials (eg. name@gmail.com) and now GMobileSync works fine: it synchronizes in both directions already!! Thank you very much!

You are doing a fantastic job with this software so I´ll put attention to looking for bugs and reporting it to you.

Only one thing more, I´ve created a spanish "how to" install and configure GmobileSync at this direction . I hope it helps to people to know and use it on his PDA´s.

Thank you again for this fantastic software and your support!!
Mar 13, 2009 at 6:48 AM
I get a similar error message but before I do it says "No network connection was detected. Internet access is required. Would you like to try anyway?". If I try I get the error "Execution of request failed: ...". I'm on Windows Mobile 6.1.
Developer
Mar 13, 2009 at 7:59 AM
Hi defaria,

The first error of "No network connection was detected." means GMobileSync found your Internet connection is not correctly configured, before you have corrected this problem, the sync process will not run correctly.

So, would you please first make sure your Internet connection on the phone is correct? If your connection need proxy servers, please set corresponding proxy server information in the GMobileSync settings.