Release Schedule for GMoibleSync 1.3.7

Developer
Feb 6, 2009 at 8:13 AM
I have just finished some bug fix and feature enhancements for GMobileSync 1.3.6. Here is the change history:

- [NEW] Bypass network detection
  Add an option in the settings dialog, which allows people to bypass the network connection test when synchronizing.
- [NEW] Support for syncing all shared calendars visible on a Google Calendar. (Since July 12, 2008. Finished by kdemuth76)
  All visible calendars on GCal will be synchronized to local. Local newly added appointments will only be added to the "default" calendars on GCal.
- [CHG] Use time zone settings instead of UTC offsets to deal with time zone & Daylight Saving Time. (Since July 13, 2008. Finished by kdemuth76)
- [CHG] Updated Google Data API version from 1.1.1.0 to 1.3.1.0.
  By using the latest Google Data API, some bugs which causes data request fail has been solved.
- [FIX] False alarms of local appointment change.
- [FIX] Local new appointments get duplicated after synchronized to GCal and synchronized back again.
- [FIX] Proxy settings were not shown on UI in the settings dialog.

In my opinion, the current status of the project is OK for a minor version (1.3.7) release. Although it is not perfect, it can just work correctly. After this release, we can continue to focus on a new major version which we need more time to ensure it is well planned.

I would like to hear everybody's opinion about this. If you have any comments, please feel free to let me know.

Feb 7, 2009 at 1:34 PM
This sounds awesome. It covers everything i'm missing now. Is there a planned release date?
Feb 8, 2009 at 9:18 AM
I am very happy to see you start to develop GMobileSync.

2 monthes ago, I downloaded GMobileSync source code and made some modifications for my convenience.

And I have added the function to choose Calendars you want to read and Calendar you want to write.

The following link is the screenshot of the Calendar setting dialog.

http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/JT1cKRZNXV16_sCRVd6tHw?feat=directlink

I will be happy if I can become a developer of this project.
Can I join you?

And, are you Chinese?
I guess so since your nick looks like a Chinese name.
Developer
Feb 8, 2009 at 11:29 AM
Hi oylbin,

Thank you for your information. I think the feature you have implemented is quite valuable to GMobileSync. I would like to see it in future versions of GMobileSync.

I have just joined this project for a few days as developer, and I have no permission to add others to this project, please contact superic who is the coordinator of this project for becoming a developer.

You can also submit patches for this feature on CodePlex, I'll help to merge this patch into the code repository.

Yes, I'm Chinese and nice to meet you. I always use this nick name on Internet, you can search more about me. :-P

Feb 28, 2009 at 9:44 AM
I've just installed 1.3.7 on my PDA. It works really great allowing me to synchronize in both directions.

The only functionality  I'm missing is the ability to choose a calendar to sync. \

It'd be great to have the patch, implemented by oylbin, added to the next release.

Thank you for the great job
Developer
Feb 28, 2009 at 10:03 AM
Hi ppetrovi4,

Of course, I will add the multiple calendar support in next major release. Currently, I'm focusing on solving the "Natvie Method Call failed" problem which appear on many users' phone, because it's an important issue which makes the software totally unusable for them.

If you are a technical guy, you can use a hidden feature in GMobileSync 1.3.7, which enable you to skip some of the calendars which you do not want to sync.

Open \Application Data\GMobileSync\GMobileSync.xml file with Notepad or any other text editor program. You may find a line <SyncExclusionList /> near the bottom of the file. Modify it to something like (If the line I have mentioned does not exist, just add the following line before the line "</GMobileSync>"):

<SyncExclusionList>Calendar1;Calendar2</SyncExclusionList>

This will make GMobileSync skip the calendars with name "Calendar1" and "Calendar2", you can list as much calendar names as you want (separate them with ";") here to make sure the calendars match the name does not be synchorinzed.

Since this is a hidden feature, I will not give further support for this. If you cannot make this work, please just wait for the next release of GMobileSync. Thank you very much for your support.

Mar 4, 2009 at 1:19 PM
Is the new version downloadable already please?
Developer
Mar 4, 2009 at 1:53 PM
Hi ResD,

Do you mean the 1.3.7 version? Of course, you can get it at:

http://gmobilesync.codeplex.com/Release/ProjectReleases.aspx#ReleaseFiles

For a new major release, you still have to wait. The latest version of GMoibleSync can always be found at:

http://www.codeplex.com/gmobilesync
Dec 1, 2009 at 3:38 AM

It's working great for me right now, but I just realized every appointment is getting flagged with an alarm, the alarms I set are still in place, but the ones I set without an alert are set to go off at the start of the appointment. Is there anything that can be done with this? Eagerlying awaiting the next release. I hope there is. Thanks again for this great app!

Jan 4, 2010 at 6:05 PM

Hi lifanxi

I tried to sync with GMobileSyncSetup_r32483.CAB since I always had the native method call failed problem.

ALso with this beta I keep having that problem.

I sync with htc herald wm6

Any idea?

rgds

katsumoto007

Jan 4, 2010 at 6:05 PM

Hi lifanxi

I tried to sync with GMobileSyncSetup_r32483.CAB since I always had the native method call failed problem.

ALso with this beta I keep having that problem.

I sync with htc herald wm6

Any idea?

rgds

katsumoto007

May 19, 2010 at 5:26 PM

Hi,

i had also the "native method call failed" problem both with v1.3.7, and v1.3.7.r32483.

I saw the proposed workaround and tried again.

I got a successful sync, after having cleaned my events on google agenda: I had some entries that were present more than one time (because I had done several tests, and I suppose there was sync problems).

Now that every event is present only one time, the sync on winmo has been done with success.

HTH