Source doesn't match released binary

Aug 6, 2007 at 7:24 AM
After having some problems compiling the source, I decided to decompile the binary. The source doesn't match what is being released. The source has a call to a RareEdge.Utility.GetMd5Hash method that generates a compile error because it does not exist. In the binary, the MD5 code is right in the GenerateChecksum method. Also, when trying to compile the source, I am getting an error about System.Uri being defined in another assembly that is not referenced. The offending line of code is not in the source I decompiled from the binary. Can someone update the source code here so it builds?
Aug 24, 2007 at 9:52 PM
I was able to compile the code with a few changes:

First, for the RareEdge.Utility.GetMd5Hash method, I changed it to use the md5 implementation in the OS:

replace

return RareEdge.Utility.GetMd5Hash(checksum);

with

// compute md5 hash
MD5 cryptoProvider = new MD5CryptoServiceProvider();
byte[] hash = cryptoProvider.ComputeHash(Encoding.ASCII.GetBytes(checksum));
string result = "";
foreach (byte b in hash)
result += b.ToString("x2");

return result;

Next, to fix the System.Uri issue, compile the GDataMobile.sln solution in C:\Program Files\Google\Google Data API SDK\Sources\src\VS2005.mobile and replace the Google.GData references in the GMobileSync project with the resulting dlls for AccessControl, Calendar, Client and Extensions.
Aug 29, 2007 at 2:43 PM

mapitman wrote:
After having some problems compiling the source, I decided to decompile the binary. ...

Which tool have you use in order to decompile the assemblies? I''ve already tried but I cannot manage to do that.

Davide
www.taibi.it
Aug 29, 2007 at 6:13 PM

davidetaibi wrote:

Which tool have you use in order to decompile the assemblies? I''ve already tried but I cannot manage to do that.

Reflector - http://www.aisto.com/roeder/dotnet/